1. 1. Register at https://alpha.memority.io
1. 2. Download the Memority Alpha package appropriate to your operating system
1. 3. Install application following the instructions (or MacOS hold CTRL key at startup of the installer).
1. 4. Start Memority Core
1. 5. Start Memority UI
1. 6. Go to “Settings” tab
1. 7. Click “Create account”
1. 8. Next a dialog box with a password creation request appears. Create a password and enter it here
1. 9. In the dialog box, which appears after address generation, enter the key you received after registration. You can find it at the https://alpha.memority.io page after authorization.
1. 10. Wait for a few minutes until tokens are added. After this a dialog box will appear Choose whether you want to store your data or to become a hoster or both.
* If you want to be a hoster it is necessary to have a public IP address. Otherwise you will be added to the list of hosters but no one would be able to upload their files to your computer. To get a public IP address contact your ISP
1. 11. If you chose the variant "Be a hoster" or "Both" while creating the account, you can change memory amount reserved for hosting.
1. 12. Done!
2. 1. Go to “My files” tab and click “Upload file”
2. 2. Now you need to create a deposit for this file. In the popup box you will see the cost of storage of the selected file for a two-week period. Based on this, specify the number of MMR for the deposit.
2. 3. Wait until your file is uploaded to hosters.
2. 4. Done!
3. 1. Go to “My files” tab. In the list of files find the one you need. Press “Download” button.
3. 2. In the popup window choose which folder do you want to download your file to.
3. 3. Wait until your file is downloaded.
3. 4. Done!
In Memority application there is an ability to export account as an encrypted file. It can be useful when you install the application on another computer and need access to your files or when you do a backup: if your hard drive breaks down and your data is corrupted, you will be able to access your files again after importing this account.
4. 1. Click “Export account” in the “Settings” tab.
4. 2. In the popup window choose the folder to which you need to save the your account file.
4. 3. Wait until your file is downloaded.
4. 4. Done!
5. 1. Click "Export account" in the “Settings” tab.
5. 2. In the popup window choose the account file that you need to import.
5. 3. In the dialog window enter the imported account’s password.
5. 4. Done!
Memority is the platform for a completely decentralized, ultra-secure storage of valuable data on the blockchain, which ensures the continued availability of several encrypted copies of data on unrelated storage locations around the world.
No one except the owner can physically view the contents of the files, because they are encrypted with a private key, which is stored only by the data owner
The system always stores multiple copies of data (default is 10), the monitoring system will periodically check their availability and creates new copies in other stores in case of insufficient number of duplicates
Unique data identifiers are stored in the blockchain database, the system regularly searches for fakes and restores the correct number of copies with genuine data if files have been forged
Data storage, the process of files copies monitoring and recovering, data encryption and validation for authenticity are completely decentralized, there is no dependence on any centralized systems